Some of the common problems a physiotherapist helps with are the treatments of:
• Injuries such as strains and sprains which require immediate care for swelling, tenderness and pain.
• Rehabilitation of muscles after injuries, fractures or surgery
• Neurological problems such as stroke, Parkinson's disease, or head injuries.
• Jaw problems.
• Headaches or any chronic pain symptoms
• Post motor vehicle injuries
• Post work (WCB) injuries
Treatment time depends on the area(s) treated, but typically a treatment takes between 15 minutes and an hour per area treated.
Yes, massage therapy is appropriate for individuals of all ages, including infants, children, and the elderly; however, there are some conditions for which massage therapy is not appropriate. Our qualified Massage Therapist (RMT or MT) are trained to recognize these cases.
We use cupping and electro-stimulation. We also make dietary/nutritional recommendations when necessary.